instagram

Friday 21 February 2014

yarn along - crochet samples



I'm afraid my vertigo has still not cleared up so I have been in bed most of the time since last Sunday. Over the last few days I have been able to prop myself up in bed and have managed a little bit of simple crochet and some short bursts on my laptop or iPad. Anything prolonged has resulted in increased dizziness.

Before having to take to my bed I had tentatively advertised my crochet workshops on some local social media sites. I have been amazed at the results, the first dates in March were filled in a couple of hours, I posted additional workshop dates for April/May time, which are now full and have had to set some provisional dates for June. I can't believe the response, crochet seems to have become so popular. I just hope I am well before the first session in March.

Due to my inactivity my mind has been in over drive thinking of lots of other workshops I could run once people have mastered the basic stitches. I had already made little crochet swatches of doubles, half trebles and trebles, but now I have moved onto making samples of little projects using the basic stitches. I've made a granny square, swatches of ripple stitch, shell stitch, popcorn stitch and some different flower motifs




It has been good fun as it's been a while since I followed so many different patterns and some of the stitches I've never attempted. The shell stitch was completely new and does need a bit more practice.

I'm not sure that this post really counts as a yarn along/crochet along post but I did want to show you my colourful mini samples.

I'm joining in with, Ginny, Marianne, Chrissie Tami Amis and Linda

Before I go I want to say a big special thank you for all of your lovely uplifting comments. I have really appreciated them and thank you for the tips and advice you have given me about vertigo, it is much more common than I thought. I'm sorry I haven't answered you all individually but thank you again. 

I hope I will be back to full fitness next week as it's my birthday on Wednesday........................

talk soon x

26 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better for your birthday - and have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending "feel better" karma your way! It's fun to see all the little swatches - so many bright colours and interesting patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy making some lovely crochet.Hope you have a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about you a lot and as always Crochet helps ease us through difficult times. Indeed I hope you are better in time not only for your birthday, but also fir your classes. More cake to cook too x x x get really better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crochet samples are beautiful, Sue! I'm sorry you have been unwell and hope you get better very soon, and enjoy a lovely birthday!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had the vertigo and it's so awful - I really feel for you.. Take care and get well soon. Lovely crochet samples too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue sorry you haven't been well, hope you feel better soon. That's great about your crochet workshops.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely samples, and I'm not surprised your workshops have had such a positive response.
    Keep getting better,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are soon feeling better, Sue, and many congrats on your success with the forthcoming classes. Love your stitch gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope you feel in top notch again really soon, Sue! Wonderful that your classes have filled so quickly, but I'm not surprised, for you do such beautiful work - and again today this is proven by your lovely samples! Happy Birthday for Wednesday and I hope you are up on your feet again and full of energy!
    Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. many years ago I've suffered of labyrintitis and it has been terrible, so I imagine what you are feeling right now….
    Take care, xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  12. You hang in there friend! It is no fun at all as my husband had it for a while. Congrats on the response for your workshops though I am not surprised because you are so very talented! Get well and a Happy early Birthday to you!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. These little crochet makes are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! There are some I definitely want to try...and a HUGE congratulations on the classes! I'm thrilled for you...let's email some more about ideas, I have some I'd like to share, and I find it more fun to brainstorm with a fellow hookster...please take care, you'll be over the vertigo soon, I just know it. Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. GREAT NEWS on the classes, how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope you feel better soon. Your samples are gorgeous, I'm just starting to learn to crochet so lots of ideas for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear that you are still not back to your normal self Sue. I hope that you recover soon as I hate to think of you being unwell. Your crochet classes are obviously going to be a big hit and how great that you have worked lots of samples for people to see. Seeing things makes a big difference for me, so I am sure that all of your class members will appreciate it too. Well done you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Sue
    I send healing hugs to you for this troubling condition. Have heard of more cases of this malady this season for some unknown reason...I will blame the weather! Although a bit different than for humans, both of my sweet golden retrievers had vertigo in January - its very scary for them and us, too. Your crochet items are lovely! Sue McQuade in IL

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope it goes soon, good for you though doing some crochet and producing a sweet blog post during trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so excited for you on the classes, your students will be blessed to have you as a teacher. So hope you feel better this weekend,
    Rest and get well,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you well again very soon ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your samples are beautiful. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dear I am sorry to read that you are feeling poorly and struggling with vertigo. I honestly really sympathise with you as I had a really bad bout of Labyrinthitis just before I fell ill with ME and I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow without the world spinning. I do hope that it gets better for you soon. Sending you much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such lovely crochet samples Sue, I'd like to try that shell stitch. Congratulations on the response to your workshops, sounds like it's going to be fun. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do hope you feel better soon. your swatches are wonderful. I really need to sit down and get back into crocheting more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sue “Congratulations, I have nominated your blog to receive an ME & CFS & FMS BLOGGER AWARD. Please visit http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/spring-has-sprung-plus-award.html to collect your Award
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x