instagram

Thursday 4 September 2014

Life goes on

It's a beautiful September morning, the sun is shining and I have just been sitting outside on my patio with a cup of coffee reminiscing about life. The funeral took place last week and so many lovely people, friends, family and neighbour's came. It was obviously a very sad day but the service was uplifting and a real celebration of my mother in laws life.

Laura did a reading and chose a beautiful poem

She is Gone

You can shed a tear that she is gone or you can smile because she has lived

You can close your eyes and wish that she'll come back or you can open your eyes and see all 
she 's left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday or you can be happy because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back or you can do what she would want: smile open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins 1981

Laura loved the sentiment of the poem and felt that her Grandma would have liked it too, when she researched the poem she found out that the Queen had included it at her own mothers funeral. This would have pleased my mother in law as she was a great fan of the Royal family.

Life does go on and we all have such rich and happy memories to keep us going. I really appreciated all your lovely comments on my last post, which had been quite difficult to write.

I promise that my future posts will be more uplifting and I have a few fun photos to share with you now before I go.

Monday was the last day of the school holidays, and Vicky was back at work so I looked after Alex, Finn and Daisy for the day.

We made dens

set up a shop
 did some writing
 and decorated buns

lots of fun and no time to be sad.

talk soon

Sue x

7 comments:

  1. I love these words - they were read at my son's funeral

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed your last post - I was recovering from my op. I was sorry to hear of your families loss. We read the same poem at my grans funeral - lovely words I think. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that poem for my mum, they were hard to say but they mean so much about she would want to be remembered. I am glad the funeral went well. Look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful words... I am sorry too that I missed your last post too. Looking after Dd1 just now as she is in crutches.
    I think it is wonderful that you have such a wonderful family full of love and joy and your Mother In Law will always be in your memories.
    Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good poem, and reminds us of all the good and positive things that we can take forward and help the person that we loved to live on in our hearts. Take care and enjoy your family time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. What a beautiful poem your daughter chose to read out at the funeral.
    Hugs,
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich and happy memories are a wonderful thing! The poem Laura has chosen to read at your mother in laws funeral is beautiful. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x